frankiesachs

Drive-Thru Zoo
Tyson Bley
Bare Nerve
Katherine Garbera

The Marquis' Secret: Sequel to the Fisherman's Lady (MacDonald / Phillips series) - George MacDonald My tiny apartment kitchen is a disaster. Okay, it's not actually tiny. But sometimes it feels so tiny because it's so crammed with stuff. Or it was, before I read this book. Spirit of the Kitchen is short and sweet and a little new agey. Basically, reading it is kind of like having your zany best friend over for coffee and somehow you end up talking about how much you hate your kitchen. And she's got some ideas!The focus of this book isn't the ideal number of steps between sink and stovetop or which way your refrigerator door should open for maximum efficiency. It's more about the soul of the room, how to create a space that's warm and welcoming. Which is what I've always wanted in my house.If you're uncomfortable with the new age stuff (feng shui, pagan deities) just take it as metaphor. (I did.) The ideas, the philosophy, and the inspiration are still sound.